Friday, October 10, 2008

Rant #1

Well folks, I have decided to get with the times and start a blog. I find myself on Friday at work preparing for a de facto 2 week vacation. On Sunday I will be flying out to Washington D.C. to see my best friend and brother in the law Brent Berkley. We will be taking the sites of D.C. and going to see argument before the U.S. Supreme Court. If you can believe it one of our local dirt bags from Millard County has a case that is actually going to the Supreme Court. Go figure. Little ole Fillmore in front of the austere body of the U.S. Supreme Court. Looks to be a great time. After that I'm flying to Mississippi for a training at the Univeristy of Mississippi on Computer Crimes. All told, I'll be out of the office for a couple of weeks. Going to be awesome.

Well I set this blog up for people to see what I'm up to, and also to have an outlet for my occasional ranting about life. Today's rant: the economy. O.K. I admit that I didn't know a lot about the economy before I really started looking at it as part of my prosecution of financial crime, but come on people how screwed up can we get. The federal government is bailing out the economy with $700 BILLION dollars and thinks are still going straight down the toilet. It just really seems pointless to spend all that money when thinks are going to be so screwed up anyway. I mean if the economy is going to pot anyway, why throw such an obscene amount of money after it. It just makes no sense. I don't know. It just makes me happy that I work for government and I prosecute crime. There is no shortage of work to go around. Well now that I got that off my chest, I just I'll try and figure out how to post this things.

3 comments:

Candy said...

Hey, sexy man...so glad you're starting a blog...I know you have much to rant about.

Cindy-n-Steve said...

Well look at our little boy -- all grown up and with his very own blog! Way to go! This will be a fun one to check once a week for a rant.

Anonymous said...

Great Rant! It would even be better if your spelling, though correct (except in your quotes), was in context. Can't help myself. You know who I live with.